BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Project-κ 15: Thosai @ Lingam's Curry House

Many people, Indians aside, especially Chinese, doesn't like thosai very much due to the sourish taste. But that's because they do not know what to order! Being a Malaysian, with abundant of Indian food around, thosai can be considered as one of my favourite breakfast. And in Seremban, we have just the place to get very good thosai! Located at Jalan Yam Tuan, very near to the Perodua showroom in town, Lingam's Curry House serves one of the best thosai in Seremban! An Indian friend told me of this place once when I was still in secondary school but never got to try it until this year. And you bet, once I've been there, I am totally hooked on it and make it a must-eat-place everytime I come back to Seremban and in time for breakfast! Lol!

I couldn't stand the hunger made by the delicious aroma emitted from the thosai's being prepared, so decided to get a few of vadai and munch on it first. =P
These vadai's are not bad, and if you get it freshly made, you'll be enjoying it hot and crunchy especially with some chutney dip!


One of the food I ordered - Thosai Rawa. Thin, crunchy and absolutely delicious! There were generous amount of onions, red and green condiments (peppers I think) in it! Eaten either with the spicy or white chutney is simply great! I totally recommend this to those of you who doesn't like thosai due to the sourish taste. Believe me, this is not at all sour! You'll like it.....guaranteed! RM1.20 per piece.

Another wonderful thosai - Thosai Ghee. Thin and crunchy just like thosai rawa, but minus the onions and pepper and with a distinct ghee (butter) smell and taste! This is a MUST order if you don't mind the calories (it is butter after all)! But mind you, this thosai isn't at all oily! I simply love this but I have to keep the fat in mind everytime I eat it! Haha.....but guilt aside, this is one heck of a thosai! A piece of this is priced at RM1.50.

There are of course many other food available like nasi lemak, the different kinds of roti's, more types of thosai's and rice in the afternoon. Though I didn't manage to try all of them, I'll definitely make a second, third and most probably more visit here again! XD

Below is the menu board

The restaurant signage from the side

The restaurant from the front

1 comments:

WeiWei said...

i like the original sourish thosai...wakakakaka!!!

Newer Post Older Post Home