BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Should I go bald???

I have this rather radical idea in me since last month. I'm bored of my hairstyle, that's what! Who wouldn't, after days and days of putting wax/gel/clay (whatever) to get that desire effect of your crowning glory? Then once it gets unmanagable, off to the barber/hairstylist to get it trimmed. Sometimes, you worry that the barber/hairstylist cut it too short or uneven. If so, you will be embarassed to go out and lather a lot of shampoo in hope to let your hair grow back to your desired length again! Sigh....

So, I thought to myself, "Why not just go bald?". Well, not that I have never go bald before....I did it (forcefully) when I was in NS. Didn't quite like it at first but then my fellow campmates said that it suits me cause apparently, I have 'the head' for it. The thing about being bald is that not everyone can put it well.



According to a website, http://www.zeenews.com/news537318.html,

"""Interestingly, unlike other hair cuts where the shape of the face determines which cut one should opt for, in this case one should know the shape of his head before one goes bald.

"This look goes best with people with an egg-shaped head or a round head. If your head is flat then you should avoid it completely because it can look disastrous," Sylvie maintained.

"Also people should make sure that their head doesn't have any scar marks and is very clean because only then does the style look trendy," Sylvie added.

According to Mumbai-based Bollywood stylist Pompy Hans, apart from the shape of the head, one should also keep one's body structure in mind before going for this look.

"If you are lean then the bald look is a big no-no. One should have broad shoulders and a good body structure to carry off this look with poise and confidence," Hans told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
"""



And so I went Google-ing (again) for bald, trendy hairstyles and guess who I found? David Beckham! He is one of the well-known celebrities that can put on a bald look well. In fact, he had had a few bald occasions before. And so, here I am, copied a couple of his images for you guys to check it out. And along with that, I also inserted a couple of MY pictures when I was serving NS! My hair was already growing at that time cause it was almost end of training.



Now, what do you guys think??? Should I go bald? Or just a very short buzz with funky lines at the side? Or just have hair for goodness sake?

Or maybe I should wait for Thaipusam. And if others say it sucks, I'll just answer "It's for religious purposes, damn it!" =P

5 comments:

Nisshant~ said...

well being bald is kinda sexy but think about it la...yeah i was going through the same dilema (minus the part where i would wanna go bald)so NOW my hair is like chinese hair after a new haircut and me likey!

btw...try considering wenthworth miller @ michel scofield of prison break!

Liz said...

You? Bald? Em, according to the article you quoted, you gotta have broad shoulders. you know, the kinda buff look. Sorry, my dear *pat pat*

Wil Liam said...

So it's 2 No's???
Nishant, you got to be more specific than that! Asking me to think for myself is not helping. Just be honest.
Awh...I was expecting at least a Yes from someone....
Lisa, I have broad shoulders wat...
Probably not as buff as David's lar.
But still not the typical narrow, slim Chinese shoulders! Lava once commented I have broad shoulders ok! Maybe I should drag her into this poll and ask her opinion.

weiwei said...

not as short as beckham but not as long as u NS...should be in the middle...something like this http://www.nxbkw.com/uploads/allimg/090501/2331041C5-0.jpg

Wil Liam said...

Wei: Then I look like Wai Loong now lah. Haha....ok ok. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the opinion! ;)

Newer Post Older Post Home