BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 25, 2010

Project-κ 17: Kedai Makanan dan Minuman Kawan

Went "blog walking" one day and saw a blogger blogged about this place serving "the best porridge in Seremban". While I do not fancy porridge that much, I didn't bother trying this place out the first time I read it. Then again, since I am being so idle at home during my holidays I've decided, what the heck! Just go and snap some pictures....besides, Project-κ has not been running for quite a while already! So, I went there yesterday with a friend of mine after a karaoke session at GreenBox! :P


Kedai Makanan dan Minuman Kawan is situated at Temiang. From Temiang's KFC, go straight and turn right at the first junction. Then at a second junction, turn right again. You should see a Chinese temple on your right and this restaurant is located on your left just 10 meters away from the Chinese temple. It is a corner lot shop. Next to it is Seremban Kee Mei Siew Pow.

We reached at 6pm but the shop just opened and workers are busy laying out chopsticks. Rupa-rupanya business starts at 6.30pm on weekdays and 6.00pm on weekends. According to the blogger, Kedai Makanan dan Minuman Kawan is closed on every Tuesday. So we decided to walk about till it's time. 

["The 3 stooges"]....was bored waiting for our order so I snapped this 3 bottles of condiments on our table. We came back at 6.30pm sharp and the shop is already packed! Only 2 tables remained empty!

The "general" look of porridges served. Topped with spring onions and shredded fried noodle-like-thingy.

[My friend's chicken porridge] The texture of this porridge is quite smooth! Served with generous amount of chunky chicken pieces. Taste wise it is flavourful. You don't need "the help from the 3 stooges" at all! LOL! My friend gave a 2 thumbs up for Kawan's porridge!


[My chee cap (pig's offal) porridge] I want to confess, I HATE offals!!! I told me friends, I eat (almost) everything except beef and weird stuff, offals included! I just don't like the taste!! Nonetheless, I brave myself to sample this bowl of offal porridge for the sake of writing this post. Surprisingly it is quite edible! Unlike offals served elsewhere, the offals in this bowl of porridge is (I hate to admit it) quite delicious! There was no smell or weird taste in it! A mixture of tripe, liver, pork and fried intestines are served. I simply LOVE the fried intestine! Simply awesome! Crispy and very very flavourful! My bowl of porridge was even more flavourful than my friend's chicken porridge! Texture wise, it is a little more "rough and rice-y" than its counterpart. And I managed to finish everything! This is amazing considering I don't fancy offals that much! Each bowl of porridge costs RM3.50; accoding to baby_sumo there are fish porridge too. But too bad, on that day, only this 2 are available. 

[Our side order of a quarter of pak cham kai (steamed chicken)] In order to have the "complete experience", we don't wanna miss out on the numerous steamed chickens hanging on the stall. I've read that these chicken are so good that they are sold off in an hour's time! And true enough. It is quite tasty! Priced at RM10 for a quarter, the chicken are so smooth....smoother than those found in the porridge! And you bet....rich in taste too! Definitely one good helping of steamed chicken. May even give famous Ipoh Chicken rice a run for their money! LOL! 

The only stall in the whole restaurant that operates during dinner time. Do give it a try! :)

4 comments:

Liz said...

The porridge looks yummy !!! :DDDD

btw, I need some help. I'm trying out Nuffnang, but I somehow have problems with placing the ads on my blog ! >.<

Help, pleaseeee??? :(

Wil Liam said...

Just follow the instructions from Nuffnang! When I did it, it was trial and error. Preview it whenever you think it's done right. Once it really shows, then save your template! You should have less problem considering your template is Blogger's original...

Liz said...

I have problems on WHERE to paste the html. See, you have to paste it on specific locations on the html template right?
Like, in the instructions, it says "body" then you paste? Well, I can't find the "body" part =.=

Wil Liam said...

It's hard for me to tell you where exactly it is! My only help is to tell you to scrutinize the example properly and find the closest match in you own blog template! It's all codes and commands....so I can't pint point where exactly it is! If I'm not mistaken the whole 'paste and copy' have to be done somewhere near the end of the template. good luck!

Newer Post Older Post Home