BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 9, 2010

Project-κ 19: Tai Chow @ Medan Selera Permai (Permai Food Court)

I've blogged about Medan Selera Permai having really good satay before (here), this time... I'll blog about a tai chow (literally translated to "big fry" which loosely mean stir fry) stall situated at the corner of this food court. By day, it sells economy rice while by night, it cooks up a storm with its tai chow dishes. 

Of course, just like a typical Chinese restaurant, this stall is able to cook almost any dishes you can find elsewhere but priced at a lower price. I (or rather my dad) had ordered a few of their specialties a.k.a. chef's recommendations. First up is wu tao kow yok (braised pork with yam), this dish has a distinct sweet taste mixed with a hint of salt and spices. The pork slices in between yam pieces are half skinny and half fat. The fat will literally melt in your mouth! This is definite my dad's favourite dish!

Any youngsters or if you have a sweet tooth, you'll definitely enjoy the next dish - marmite chicken! Bite size pieces of chicken are fried to perfection and coated in thick, sweet marmite sauce!! I absolutely love this! Actually....it's the sauce that I love the most! LOL! XP This dish also comes in pork ribs too! 

Another heavenly dish would be the assam fish! This is a must-have! Every time we dine here, we'll order this! The fish is really fresh and huge! Served with an array of greens like okra, tomatoes, onions, etc. the sour and spicy sauce makes it really finger licking good. And OH! There's pork crackling in it too!! Yum yum~~

I'm not sure bout the price although it is stated on its sign board cause I can't read Chinese. But I think it's RM6 for greens while RM8 onwards for meat dishes! :)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home