BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 16, 2010

My days as an actor

My theatre competition ended yesterday night......Finally! I am able to breathe and enjoy life (more) properly....still there's studies to consider but what the heck! At least one less burden on my back (for now)! I've decided that this year will be my final time involving in theatrical acts. I'll consider it as a retirement, thank you! Don't know lah.....the passion for theatre is of course, still there in my heart.....but I think I'll need to concentrate more on my studies from now on..... No! I'm not on my way to become a nerd now! It's just that sometimes....being an actor.....is kinda stressful....you've to act to meet the director's expectation..... undergo various till-late-night practices to build emotions and literally, "thickens your skin" to face the audience....etc etc.....

Stressful? Yes...but in the same time, it enlightens you many things in many ways! It helps you build rapport in a peculiar method.... it shows you bits of life in a theatrical point of view....it shows you the various emotions and characters of human being..... Finally, it teaches a man to BE a human being! If you like the limelight, being an actor is like a dream come true! No one gets better attention than being on stage under a spotlight! If you act well then it's great! But if you fumble....you'll look like a fool!

Then main reason I joined theatre was of course, of my own interest... to fill up my curriculum vitae was a side-dish.... killing two birds with one stone, I'll say! :)

Next year will be my clinical years....I'll have to spend more time with patients and probably be facing much stress from this (according to seniors)....so, one less stress would be nice! If you know what I mean?

I don't know-lah............decisions are mere decisions......it varies from time to time..... For now, I'll say I had enough......but trully in my heart, acting is never satisfactory for me!

So, to sum up my "legacy" (you can roll your eyes if you want to....cause I am. Haha!), I've put a not-so-complete collection of photos of the more major shows (I won't mention all the small projects / performances though) that I've acted in, from school years till now, in university. Enjoy~! :)


  1. First theatre involvement was during Form 2 in SMK KGV. It was an English Drama Competition and I acted as a guard....Yeah, I know.....very minor role only...... *screw you for not realising my talent!*
  2. Then, Form 5 as a lead role by the name of Captain something....I can't remember his name! :P The venue of the competition was in SMK Bukit Mewah....we didn't win though....somehow I suspected foul play....we were much better than Bukit Mewah (audiences point of view) but we only got 2nd! Damn it! But I was awarded as Best Actor though. ^^,
  3. Last year, March 2009, I put myself into my residential college's Malay theatre competition. The title of the play, Kan Ku Bunuh Cinta. My role as Akal. We won FIRST place!
  4. This year, in fact just yesterday, I was in my last theatre act, Rukh (pronounce as "roh"). Role: Dr. Zarif Abdullah. Results? 2nd place......Oh well, we'll try harder next time! As the saying goes, "A Wounded Tiger is the Fiercest Tiger"! Hahaha.....
 

~To all theatre members from any of the plays I've worked with, I'll like to say a great big thank you to all of you! It's my greatest pleasure in working with you guys. All of you showed me many things and thought me many lessons. The love for all of you is undeniable! I will truly miss theatre and deep down in my heart, I pray for your future success and my heart beats for you!~

8 comments:

Liz said...

Wow. You really look cool up on stage Willie. You sure you're in the right career path? XD Anyway, when you mentioned that competition in SMK Bukit Mewah, I think I might have seen you then ! *gasps* No wonder you seemed familiar when I met you in F6 KGV :P Ahaha, sorry, but I'm a Mewahan at heart, and don't be a sore loser okayyyy XD
Anyway, I hope that your passion for acting and theatre will never die out. Always give yourself a chance to do what you love, despite time constraints. I wish you the best !!! :)

Wil Liam said...

Thanks for the well wishes!!! And all the best to you too for your choir passion! :D

PS: I was the lead actor during the play in Bkt Mewah!!! How can you not recognise me at that instance?? Oh well....must be the make-up I think! Haha... no worries... But you HAVE to admit, I act well that time right? XP

Liz said...

Honestly, can't remember the story pun. >.< Was it something about Mother Nature? I can't remember a thing ! Ahaha. Of cos can't recognize you ba, didn't know you at the time. And I wasn't really LOOKING looking ma. hehe

Hey, miss you la Willie Walrus ! Suddenly thought about those times when we had free period during MUET and we talked non-stop while apparently doing Chem or Maths homework. teehee You take care aite? XD

Wil Liam said...

No lah!!! The story was about a plane crashed into a haunted island and the survivors were to fight that evil spirit....I was the hero.....which ended up dead in the end! Haha....

Oh well, those were the days~~~ Alah....you can always ask us out wan mah....hehe....

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Wil Liam said...

Content leakers?? Hmm....how do I deal with such things??

Anonymous said...

hey wil liam.I am currently waiting for my spm results and i love theatre.i would really like to join theatre one day but i dont know where to start..lol..my parents dont allow me to take it as my major course in college.so that's the problem..and i stumbled upon this blog post when i googled kgv and drama coz yeah.i'm an ex georgian too..so my question is,is there a theatre club or something in the university you're studying at now? haha.. thanks in advance :D

Wil Liam said...

Hi! First of all, I understand the reason why your parents forbid you to take Drama as a major course (there is such thing in universities). Most parents do, including mine. I was like you, at Form 5, I told my parents I wanted to take Drama as a course, but I was told to take something more realistic, which I did... and now I'm almost completing my dental course. Well, I would not interrupt in your career decisions. But I'm telling you, I don't regret it now cause there are a lot of acting possibilities in the world out there. For instance, yes... my universities has an acting club and every year there will be a competition. It's my only chance to pursue my interests! Of course, if you don't want to act in your uni, you can always choose to act out of college! Take Actors Studio or KLPAC, they will have occasional castings and auditions for short plays which students try out and manage to get roles. I've got a friend who recently acted in a short play in KLPAC. So, dear (whoever you are), I'm not asking you to not consider taking acting as your major course, but I am only saying that there are other ways for you to keep acting and joining theater even, if it is not in your college or uni. :)

Newer Post Older Post Home