BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

One-day-model for Maxis!

SO, it was the much anticipated moment for all Maxis scholarship recipients (award ceremony aside) - the photo shoot!!! We were required to be at Untold Images Studio (link here) @ Taman Tun Dr Ismail, KL 8am sharp on the 18th August. I woke up at 6am that day to prepare myself - (cold water) shower, breakfast, thorough brushing (darn those braces), and light make-up (ok...don't give me that look...I only applied a tinted moisturizer for the foundation to be applied easier later!)

Then after a couple of wrong turns and too-early-exits (which made me U-turned twice!), I reached at the studio 7.50am. Phew....I'm still on time at least! As usual lah... Others, being Malaysians are always late... When I was there, only 5 other recipients had arrived. LOL! I didn't know they serve us breakfast! I wouldn't have eaten my Maggi cup if I knew that earlier! Then again...I wouldn't want to brush my teeth before taking pictures! :P So, I politely declined their offer.....and waited...

Kenny, one of Maxis caretaker, were seen taking video shoots throughout the day.... He asked me to give a few words and I just said, "THANK YOU MAXIS for giving me this once-in-a-lifetime experience and the scholarship! It means a lot to me! THANK YOU!!!"

At almost 9am, more Maxis scholars arrived. And no doubt, all of them speak bloody good English! "Ahh.....I've found my niche", said the banana boy in me! Hehehe~


While some went to take their breakfast, the make-up artists asked the boys to go down to 'let them make us pretty' first. That's because making-up boys are so much easier than girls....at least, we don't need extensive make-ups, or hair curlers or mascaras....whatever! My face was made quite fair...or maybe it is my skin tone that I don't realise all this while...I am the fairest among the other boys! Most of the boys complained how they hated their make-up on! And how feminine they looked! Hahaha....

They were 29 of us there that day! And as usual, girls outnumbered the boys! Imagine how long the make-up artists have to spend their time doing all the girls! Pfftt.....this will be a looooong day!

Once the boys were all ready, we were the ones to start off the photo shooting session... Individual shots were taken then, at the end of the day, group shots! Vims, who will be doing aeronautical engineering at a university in UK, went first! Haha....and he felt so awkward wei~~~ Not to mention the pressure he felt when we are all watching him! LOL! Later, the studio director asked us to stay outside in the waiting room, so that Vims can loosen up! Haha.... Their theme was "Natural", so just be yourself and give them a BIG smile with energy was what we were told...

While in the waiting room, I've had my chance to mingle around with the rest of the Scholars. And each of them are unique in their own way! They were quite a number from local IMU and Monash University. While some will be studying overseas, mostly tops schools in the UK. There is one dude called Adrian who did his undergraduate studies in Harvard University and will now be pursuing his postgraduates in the same uni in Economics with Maxis funding! Smart guy I tell ya...I mean, how often do you get to know someone studying in Harvard?? LOL! And other renown universities include Oxford, Manchester and Bristol University! I feel so out of place being just from University Malaya! Hahaha....

Everyone there was great and extremely friendly!! Few of us clicked almost instantly! Ye Han, another dentist-in-the-making from IMU was one of the few that I was close with! We talked a lot that day, mostly on our course and interest in people's teeth! Haha! One really cool yet cheeky guy called Gurpreet was the clown there! He never fail to make us laugh with his witty, and sometimes lame, jokes! XD
Other cool people I met that day include pretty and sweet Yi Koon, hyperactive U Jean, darling Darshinie, Eu Jihn, Yong Jian, Ai Lin and Natashinie!! I really had fun just talking to them...

Right before 12.30pm, it was my turn!! I was pretty confident to be honest. Well....I mean, at least we don't need to pose for the camera, just be yourself and smile! How difficult could that be? My photo sessions were the fastest!! Hahaha....the photographer seems to be pleased with the results and said I looked really natural! *blush* Ye Han who was next, challenged me that he will do better than me by taking fewer shots than me!! Hahaha....but in the end, I still win! XP
However, his pics had more energy in it! I like them a lot.... Maybe he had much time improvising my poses while waiting! LOL! *joking* Or maybe it just came natural to him! Whatever it is, looking great Ye Han!! :D

The whole photo session lasted about 15 hours!!! The longest time took was by the group photos!! It seems the director had had a tough time trying to get good posing / expression / lighting with all 29 of us! But eventually, we made it.......after a tiring day that is! By the time I went back to uni, it was already 11.20pm! After shower and a difficult time removing make-up on my face, *THUMP*..... terus collapsed on my bed and slept throughout the night....EXHAUSTED!!!

It was indeed a memorable day for me! Not because of all the lights, camera or action but the company that was so undeniably great!!! Now, I can't wait for the award ceremony which will be held at Hilton KL, on the 3rd of September 2010, 9am - cause I can't wait to meet up with my new found friends again! XD


PS: Due to publicity concern, Maxis doesn't allow me to post up any unofficial photos taken on that day. Only after the award ceremony, am I allowed to do so. So sorry guys..... you'll have to wait! :)
No worries.....at least, you'll get to look at which pic Maxis chose to be made as banners and backdrops! I'll be posting them all together then! Toorah!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey did you have to do an online assessment before you are called for the interview for Maxis Scholarship? Can you give me an idea what that was like?

Wil Liam said...

Nope. Not during my time.

Newer Post Older Post Home